IdleX provides excellent functionality while maintaining a simple graphical interface. Here's a list of new features:
- Terminal-like behavior for Shell. Cursor stays in prompt and up/down arrow keys cycle the command history.
- Persistent history of Shell commands across sessions.
- Paste and run multiple lines in the shell.
- Non-blocking interactive GUI development for Tkinter, GTK, Qt, Qt4, PySide, wxPython
- Matplotlib support for interactive figures when using the subprocess.
- Clear Shell Window without restarting.
- Capture large output and display it as an expandable button.
- Right-click context menu with Cut, Copy, and Paste.
- Tabbed editor windows with drag'n'drop reordering.
- Improved code navigation with Code Browser.
- Line numbers for the editor.
- Find and Replace as a toolbar with incremental searching.
- Intelligent Paste from Shell. (remove >>> prompts)
- Highlight tabs (\t) in editor to help fix tab/space issues.
- Integrated reindent.py support.
- Horizontal scroll bar for the editor.
- Export contents with syntax highlighting to HTML.
- Cython editing and execution support.
Interactive Execution from Editor
- Execute highlighted code or a single line from the editor with F9.
- SubCodes, similar to MATLAB cell mode and IPython/Sagemath cells, for quick code prototyping without restarting the shell.
- Run parts of a script separated by "##" markers in the editor with Ctrl+Return.
- Stop a running script with Ctrl+C from the Editor.
- Documentation Viewer to view help() and doc strings in a separate window.
- Simple interface for enabling/disabling extensions.
- Increase/Decrease font size easily.